3 Jan 2013

Christmas and Mishka's Capelet

My last post was a documentation of the capelet I made for my niece, Mishka. Christmas has been and gone and the capelet was well received! She wore it until she started getting grumpy (as toddlers do).


I'm happy to say that it fit well, despite it looking a little askew in the photo. After an adjustment it sat correctly and looked pretty darn cute!

Christmas also meant a lot of baking, cooking, and crochet. I left everything to the last minute (as you do) so didn't manage to make all of my family presents. However, the baking turned out spectacular!

Cupcakes with buttercream icing

Using my birthday present (the cupcake stand),
the cupcakes and ginger slice were
presented beautifully.
My mum (who knows me too well!) bought me an amazing companion cube cookie jar! Naturally I had to make cookies to fill it up with, so I took the opportunity to use a birthday present I got a while ago - a cookie making set with recipe book and cookie cutters. I made some passionfruit snowmen with little apricot noses. Too cute, and sooo tasty! Normally I find cookies made to be cut out to taste bland and awful, but the recipes in the book are far from it.

Weighted companion cube - weighted with cookies!

Dried apricot makes a rather cute snowman nose
Yum!

Ah, I almost forgot (how could I?)! My favourite gift was a Kindle from my boyfriend! It has pretty much increased my time spent reading about 200%, plus I'll get the opportunity to make a kindle case!

No comments:

Post a Comment