18 Jul 2012

Sewing my First Dress

After my first sewing project, the apron, I felt a little more confident in starting a sewing project. Using a vintage pattern (in my size, amazingly!) I got started.

The only photo I have is from pinning it - most of the time it is too dark to take photos, and I can't be bothered setting up the tripod.


The dress currently has the zip basted in place. It will be the first time I'll be inserting a zip, so I'll probably get to use my zipper foot!

I think my favourite part to sew so far are the darts. They are so easy, but create such a pleasing result.

I'm hoping to clean up and learn to use the overlocker I'm borrowing. Currently it has been sitting stagnant for many years, and is covered in dust with a few cobwebs. It really would be hilarious and slightly traumitising if I discovered a spider has been living in it...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the overlocking - hope there aren't any spiders!

    ReplyDelete