2 Jul 2012

Quilting - Sections

Almost every night the past few weeks, I have come home after work and pulled out the sewing machine and quilting squares. I'll probably end up cutting the rest of the fabric into squares, as I am constantly running out.

Sometimes the squares don't match up (grr) but I believe I'll have everything sorted when it comes to pinning the columns together.

I believe I'm about a quarter of the way through making the front. Below you can see some of the designs I've come up with for the sections.

My typical evening these past couple of weeks.
Usually accompanied with a bourbon and Coke...

Some of the designs. Hopefully they will all work
together in the final blanket!

I'll be purchasing a walking foot at some point this week. From what I've learnt online, you may as well not bother with a regular foot (too much shifting of the batting and backing).

No comments:

Post a Comment