1 Jul 2012

A Napron

Finally I have sewn something I can wear!

With the help of Louella I chose some fabric and got sewing. :)


We laid out some newspaper because we didn't have any large pieces of blank paper, and drew the pattern on top (a semicircle skirt). The first thing to do after cutting all the pieces out was to create the fringe, which involved gathering a four metre long strip of fabric. Next time I think I'll do the short-cut way and loosen the top thread tension so it gathers as you go.

Ready to go!

Sewing the fringe to the skirt

The finished fringe - see how messy!


The complete apron

So I did a lot of things wrong while sewing this - a lot due to inexperience. Nonetheless, I'm fairly happy with the result. Next I might feel brave enough to make a dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment