10 Sept 2012

New Vintage Patterns and the Start of a New Dress

Part Two · Part Three

The other day Louella and I went to the Vintage Textile fair - a once-a-year event. Only we didn't decide to go until late afternoon! >o<

The fair was awesome. It consisted of dozens of stores selling antiques, vintage clothes, hats, bags, and crafts. I managed to pick up a few new patterns!

This one I got from Louella

This pack contains a skirt, waistcoat, dress, trousers,
and jacket pattern!

I intend on making the one on the right but the sheer
sleeves on the left one look amazing.

A simple, yet adorable, dress pattern



This last one I also received from Louella. I've been meaning to start making it - I absolutely adore the neckline!

There's no year on it but at a guess I'd say it's a 1950s dress (would gladly accept some confirmation).


I toddled down to the local fabric store and purchased some fabric and bits and bobs. The pattern instructs for the seams to be bound, so I think I'll find this seam binding tutorial handy.

The fabric I'm using will be a green linen. I've found I'm terrible at picking out fabric - I can never quite make the connection between the fabric and the final outfit. I wanted to use some sort of dark green synthetic velvet but I believe it was expensive and I have no idea how to sew with it.


I don't have a picture of the fabric right now because it's in the wash, so here's my washing machine instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment