9 Mar 2015

Post Apocalyptic Jane nears completion!

Hamilton Armageddon is less than a week away now (*internal screaming*) but I'm progressing pretty quickly.

I'm nearly finished making my first (ish) prop! The spearhead from one of the earlier scenes, when Tarzan is fighting the leopard.


Camping mats! They are very squishy and difficult to rough-handle.

After attacking it with a dremel

First pieces of Worbla - so nervous!

Post worbla! It's hard!

Several coats of gesso sanded down, then three coats of a PVA/water mix

I just realised I did so much last week. I finished the petticoat, the leather poncho, the armband, and I did a lot of weathering.

A pair of gloves I picked up from First Scene's garage sale

Cutting holes and roughing them up with sandpaper

Using dark foundation and soft artist's pastel chalk to apply dirt and blood stains
While working on leather belts and closures, I had the awful realisation I've done all of the buckles wrong. Ugh!

I also stumbled across a Gaelic fair while out with Louella - the re-enactment actors let us wear their helmets!

Rarr!

No comments:

Post a Comment