18 Dec 2014

Upcoming cosplays

So after Auckland Armageddon Expo 2014 I caught the cosplay fever bad. I already had a couple of characters I wanted to cosplay (Korra, season 4, for example) but that list has increased exponentially.

Seeing that Armageddon only has three days, I've decided to go to both Hamilton and Wellington (Comic Con). That way I can make more cosplay!

So first on the list: Korra, Season 4.



I adore her outfit. It's comfortable, distinctive, and comes with a backpack! This is pretty much the ideal con-going cosplay. I'll be able to traverse the halls, and anything I buy will go in the backpack.


So far I've sewn the trousers. I used the same pattern as for Korra Season 1, but made them a bit shorter and attached some elasticated cuffs. I still need to make the little ties.

Next up is a cosplay I wasn't expecting to do. A couple of gals from CosplayNZ Facebook group came up with the great idea to form a cosplay group based on Tess Fowler's Post Apocalyptic Disney Princesses.

Initially I kind of wanted to do Snow White, but she got snapped up pretty quickly. None of the other princesses really appealed, as I feel like I should cosplay a character I connect with.

So I chose to make one up!

I decided on Jane from Tarzan (she's a princess of the jungle, okay?).


I incorporated as much Tarzan style as I could, while keeping with a post-apocalyptic theme. It's pretty hard!

In terms of progress, I've bought a lot of the materials. Mostly thrift store items that I plan to rip up!

Fangs made from Super Sculpey!

Weathered leather using sandpaper and a dremel


My crafts collection has grown a lot with this Jane cosplay, as she has so many random bits and pieces (I have no one to blame but myself).

And then there is the Witch King. I really want to do well on this one. Most of the effort will be props (of which I've made none before) and armour (also very little experience), so should be a good challenge.



At the moment I've half-built the sword, and that's pretty much it.

Gesso covered
And then there's my competition piece which I'll be wearing for Auckland.


Leona! In pretty much my favourite skin of all time. I love everything about this outfit, and I'm going to make this. It has props, chainmail, armour....everything!

The best part is that I got a whole lot of Worbla recently, thanks to Alter Ego cosplay (closed group here for NZ Worbla orders).


It smells weird.

Hopefully there should be enough to make at least Leona's armour (let's be honest; it's pretty skimpy so I won't need that much).

I'll finish off with a list of "nice to have's" - these are the cosplays I want to make, but might not have the time, or place to wear them.


  • Aela the Huntress (Skyrim)
  • Corvo Attano (Dishonored)
  • Jack of Blades (Fable)
  • Kuvira (Korra)
  • Lin (Spirited Away)
  • Theresa (Fable, Fable 2)
  • Monarch henchman (the Venture Bros)
So that's the state of things! I'm likely to finish Korra first, followed by Jane. I'm so excited, I wish they were done already!

No comments:

Post a Comment