15 Jan 2014

Knitted Totoro Mittens

So after knitting my scarf, I decided to just jump right in and get on to something more complicated. I had these Totoro Mittens in my Ravelry queue for a while. The problem was I didn't know how to knit in the round, how to use double-pointed knitting needles, how to do stranded colourwork, or how to follow a chart.

Never mind all that!

I made a couple of swatches and had to move up to 5mm needles to match the gauge, then stuck right in.

There are a few mistakes where I got confused following the chart, but the results are warm and adorable!




Well, that settles it. I can officially knit! You can see my Ravelry project here, but I didn't make any notes.

My next project is going to be a beaded cardigan I got from a book (Knitting Vintage).

Yet another item I won't be able to test properly until Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment